💡 Our purpose with Data Streams is to move data from external platforms such as and not limited to Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Bing Ads, and bring them into any data warehouse such as Amazon Redshift, MySQL, and SQL Server. Below is a step-by-step guide to get you quickly started.
DATA EXTRACT SOURCE AND DATA DESTINATION:
1. Let's create a new data stream. Under the Data Extract Source section select Connect To A New Data Source.
2. Choose a Data Connector from the drop down list under the Data Connector tab. For this example we will select Google Analytics.
3. Link your credentials to the data stream. To do this click the green Link button. This will open a new window that will prompt you to enter in your Google Analytics credentials. Log in with your username and password.
4. Once your credentials are linked you can now select your Account (GA account name), Property (website, mobile app, ect), Profile, and Data Source Name. Now click the Save New Data Source button and it will create a new existing data source.
5. Data Destination: Now let's choose the destination for your data. Please refer to Image 4 listed below. In the Data Destination section choose your Data Connector. For this example we will be using MySQL.
6. It's time to link your credentials to MySQL by hitting the green Link button. It will prompt a new window that you will ask you to input your log in with additional server and port information. The same will go for Amazon Redshift and other data warehouse sources.
SCHEDULE & DATE RANGE / FILTERS & SEGMENTS:
8. Here you have the option to choose a One Time Only or Recurring schedule. In this example we went with One Time Only and used a Date Preset of Last Month and set our Granularity to Daily. You can also set your Calendar to Standard, Retail, or use a Custom calendar.
9. The Filters & Segments section is optional. Here you will be able to choose a metric or dimension to filter specific data or Segment your data. Simply use the drop down tab and select the data you would like to segment.
- In this example we did not use any filters or segment any data. Refer to Image 7 for the Filters & Segments section.
METRICS & DIMENSIONS / DATA STREAM NAME & SAVE:
10. In the next section, Metrics & Dimensions, you will see 3 tabs. The first tab is Source. Here you will set your Metric or Dimension in the drop down. Once the Source is set you can select your Destination. This will be the column in the table. The Data Type will automatically select when choosing your Source and Destination.
- To have more than one Metric or Dimension simply click the green button below that say Add Metric or Dimension.
11. You can now set your Data Stream name and save it. After creating your stream name you can now Preview your table before exiting.
- NOTE: Please refer to Image 9 below.
- The data stream will now be saved as an existing data source. If you refer back to Image 1 you will see a tab for Choose An Existing Data Source. You can now select that tab and see your saved Data Stream.
12. To Preview your new Data Stream click Enable Preview below the save button where you just created your name.
13. The Data Stream is now configured and will be viewable on the Job List page. Here you can see your data or choose to go back into the builder and edit your stream.